[IRCA] TP for 11 July08: awful!

Should have slept in, I'm afraid.  Listened between 12:05 and 12:20 and found only one very strong carrier.....RFO Tahiti on 738, with French programming....better than other mornings, but still weak modulation.  The only other interesting thing of note was 846....also with a strong carrier, but no audio....perhaps an OC, although I can't rule out a locally produced spur or something.  I also tried another experiment, and that was the hook up my very tall 244 degree broadband loop directly to my 7030+.....no problem  (normally my antennae are switched through a multicoupler and then out to my receivers)....this arrangement totally overloads the Perseus, so it carried on with my 334 degree loop.  I didn't hear anything else later when I switched the 7030+ back to the
334 degree loop.   Unless others heard anything interesting, I'll likely dump the morning's Perseus files as not being worth listening to....now back to bed for an hour!  .........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC