Re: [IRCA] IRCA 52 -2-1/ 1040 Portland

Bill,

CKST runs day pattern day & night now.? I am surprised by their signal
down here if they are doing that. Their night signal is much stronger
than day here. Infact their day pattern is barely audible mixing with
KXPD phased. If they are indeed using day pattern at night, then I would
guess they should be weaker. Their old night pattern had a lobe this
way.
   On that subject, I am wondering if CISL-650 is staying on day pattern
at night too? As they are supposed to have a lobe kind of to the SW on
night pattern and yet they have as poor a signal at night as day here. I
like their oldies mix, but they aren't comfortable to really listen too.
I get them better days in the Summer off the vertical.
   1040 came on as a 2.2 KW daytime and 200 watts nights back in 93 and
changed calls and formats ownership, etc a couple times. In 93 they came
on as KEZF. They were K Love for years. They were sold a few years back.
After KEZF in 93, by 97 they were KLVP, then shortly after that KSKD.
When they went SS, they changed to KXPD. They are ND. CKST creams them
at night here as well as WHO.
73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin