Re: [IRCA] Poor DU Cx on Orcas Island: July 1, 2008

At 10:15 AM 7/1/2008, you wrote:
>Hi John,
>
>Radio controlled planes and boats, on QSLing them? Now that is an idea,
>but what QSL address? hi.  My brother golfs and has tried to get me
>interested through the years. I am too involved with radio. Once I got
>the radio bug as a boy, I was hooked. I am looking forward to the Fall
>DX conditions. However, I am wondering "if" I will keep the antennas up
>this Winter as the wind storms have been more frequent and stronger the
>past few years.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>KGED QSL Manager

You guys have to be a little easier on those of us who do golf!  No reason that we can't enjoy both radio and golf (after all, one is a night time activity, and the other is daytime for the most part!).  On another radio-related topic:  Patrick have you not considered just using BOGs at your QTH.  I know the weather has been very nasty in recent years.  BOGs can even be "planted" underground without causing too much loss of signal.  Also, BOGs generally perform very well at shorter lengths than traditional Beverages.....Walt.