Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Saturday

At 05:28 AM 6/21/2008, you wrote:
>A fair morning for DU reception. 567 the best today, rising to poor/6.5 level with DU talk and pop music. "Heart of Gold" oldies song at 1210 utc. 738 and 891 with DU talk, both very poor/6 level. 567 was the last to fade away, around 1217 utc.
>LWBC Russians 180 poor, 279 very poor, 1109 utc.
>Steve
>NE Oregon
>R75, AR7030, longwires

I suspect that I missed the boat, having woken up at 12:05 UTC.  Nevertheless I rushed up to the radio room and was pleasantly surprised to hear a few audios, and quite a few almosts (5s).  Here are my results:

5:  567 855 936 1251 1287 1475, late appearances:  1116
6:  801
      963  snippets at 12:24
     1108
     1107
       738  late appearance around 12:17.  ?English?  Much stronger than 740 on the Perseus SDR.  (Great to have the waterfall on the SDRs!!!)
       675 weak audio at 12:22
       792 also a late appearance.
      1503  snippets at 12:26
7:  567  weak audio (music) at 12:20.  Only heard on my Conti corner fed south loop (recently I doubled the height of the vertical components).

So from my perspective, the audios hung in much later than I noticed earlier in the week.  Can't comment how good things were, though, before 12:00.  By the way, the PNGs were coming in well on 90 meters, especially Radio East New Britain on 3385, and Radio Manus on 3315 which were in parallel when first tuned in around 12:20 (but no longer as I type this at 13:00).  Also absolutely no sign of the new 120 m Aussie on 2368.5 .  Anyone else hearing anything there?  ......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC