[IRCA] Grayland DU's for 6-1

Hello All,

     Guy Atkins and I joined John Bryant at Grayland,  Washington this
morning, hoping for some nice DX from Australia and  New Zealand, such as John had
been receiving on his E100 hooked up to his  Wellbrook array.  Of course, the
morning was pronounced by John as the  poorest of the four days he had been
trying.

     Despite this, the modified ICF-2010 (with the  19.5" loopstick) did
manage to receive audio on 567, 612 and 657kHz  around sunrise, for the most
productive morning in three recent trips to the  Grayland Motel.  Unfortunately,
none of the audio levels were strong  enough to receive on the stand-alone
Ultralights I was using, mainly due to  local splatter.  Guy and John were in the
preferred Room 15, but my  session was at the Grayland Beach Road picnic table,
in an effort to avoid  RF noise.

     Congratulations again to John for his superb DX  accomplishments using
his Ultralights with the Wellbrook array, logging  many new countries never
before received on "pocket radios."  Hopefully  other experienced DXers with
effective external antennas will enjoy the  exciting new experience of chasing
TA's and TP's on Ultralight radios, which can  provide thrilling new DX
challenges for all.

                         73,  Gary

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.