Re: [IRCA] upcoming software defined radio

Re: [IRCA] upcoming software defined radio

> This isn't available yet, but here's a peek under the tarpaulin of RF
Space's new software defined radio:

> http://www.rfspace.com/SDR-IP.html

Very nice!  The only thing that disappoints me a bit is the fact it says
"intranet" and not "internet".  I take that to mean it can work on a local
network but not necessarily by remote control.  However, I will be saving up
for that when it hits the shelves.

Another cool feature is the other band options.  The fact it has an add-on
for the FM broadcast band is interesting.  I would hope that the filter
bandwidth can be changed.  Being able to select a narrow filter such as
100KHz and tune in small steps would be a big help for that.  Add in the
expected overload resistance and it's a potential winner!

I wonder what the end cost will be, and how wide a bandwidth it will record?
If it mentioned that, I missed it.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI