[IRCA] DX can still be had!

I have really been pleased with 4 new catches this week. Three of them
on 1070. I have not logged four new catches in a week for sometime.
Logging KHMO-MO and KVVK-MN was great alone. Then getting KKGM-1630-TX
and then last night KNTH-1070-TX. So after logging probably 3500+
stations from nearly  hundred countries, with almost 3,000 QSLs, DX
still can be had. Sometimes I feel I have DXed out this area, then I
turn around to find new DX. The real plus for me was to remove the
termination off the Eastern beverage a few weeks ago. For the past
couple of years, after having to raise the beverage, I fiqued my
directivity went off the window. That was not the case. I improved the
grounding terination at the far end by adding 4- five foot copper pipes.
Apparently the old rusted 4 foot Radio Shack copper-clad rods had lost
alot of their effectiveness and I had not caught that. I had replaced
the rest of the rods with copper pipes through the years, but not those
until the past couple of years. That was about the time I raised the
wire. Two dramatic changes at the same time. But it was the termination
that made the main difference. I may try a resistor (pot) at the end
this Summer, but so far I am
happy with just leaving it unterminated.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager