[IRCA] Attention DXers: Format And Call Letter Change in Orlando, Florida

[IRCA] Attention DXers: Format And Call Letter Change in Orlando, Florida

There was a call swap between Rama Communications 2 Orlando area stations

On May 6th, 1600 WOKB became WLAA and 1680 WLAA became WOKB.

"The All New Smooth Sounds Of Gospel... on 1680 AM......." is a liner I just
heard on 1680 AM, and the Legal ID at the top of the hour is "WOKB Winter
Garden Orlando and WKIQ Eustis Leesburg". So 1240 and 1680 are simulcasting,
as they were doing when WOKB was on 1600.

Que Buena 1680 WLAA's website at www.quebuenaorlando.com doesn't indicate
they'vemvoed to 1600AM, so Im assuming they're off the airwaves. Don't know
why though, as the programming on WLAA was a Lease deal with outside
programmers, and reportedly the licensee was ghetting upwards of $40,000 a
month!

WOKB's website at www.wokbradio.com indicated they have moved.. and they do
stream as well.

I mention this because 1600 and 1680 are NOTORIOUS for not powering down and
not only have I heard/proved that personally, others have as well. i wonder
of 1680 ever fixed their remote control that got zapped by lightning and was
causing them not to drop power?

Oh well, have fun with the new "WLAA" and new "WOKB"

--
Sincerely,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.