[IRCA] OT (Off-Topic) Question on TV Brand Reliability

[IRCA] OT (Off-Topic) Question on TV Brand Reliability

A friend of mine, who cannot get out and about, sent me a letter inquiring about a "Skyworth SLV-1551 15" LCD Clear TV." He, like I, have never heard of the SKYWORTH moniker. Some online research reveals that the product is made in PR CHINA/HONG KONG, but no listing specifically for this model (SLV-1551). The price he has seen is about $290.

Does anyone know about this company and the reliability of this brand? He's looking for a ready-to-go inexpensive TV after analog goes kaput: plug in, add cable, turn on, watch TV. Again, for those in the know, is Skyworth a trusted brand or would another brand (same size/price range) be better.

   Thanks.      Very 73 and Best of DX de Mike