Re: [IRCA] Phoenix is getting another AM Move-in

Re: [IRCA] Phoenix is getting another AM Move-in

I've been lucky enough to hear KBSZ (and a couple of former call signs) on 1250 from here in Los Angeles county in the past. Now to see if I can get them on 1260 with semi local KGIL (which is nullable for me) The first time I ever travelled to AZ back around 1973 I was listening to the Wickenburg station on my little transistor radio. They IDed as "KSWW, the sound of a happy day"> Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:34:30 -0400> From: walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx> To: ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [IRCA] Phoenix is getting another AM Move-in> > Tiny little KBSZ 1250 Wickenburg, AZ which is about 50 Miles NW of Phoenix> is moving under the new owners. The move was granted march 13, 2008.> > It's moving from 1250Khz with 350 Watts Day, Non Directional and 100 Watts> Night Non Directional in Wickenburg..> > ....To.....> > 1260Khz with 320 Watts Day Non Directional and 50 Watts night Non> Directional with the City of License as Apache Junction. It's p[roposing to> use a tower just south of East Microwave Road. It looks like this might be> an exsisting site already for another rboadcaster> > Wickenburg has 2 full power FM's licensed to it already, so it is "ok" to> move the AM station.> > Paul B. Walker, Jr.> http://www.realradiousa.com> http://www.radio-talk.net> http://www.myspace.com/walkerbroadcasting> walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx> _______________________________________________> IRCA mailing list> IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/irca> > Opinions expressed in messages on this mailing list are those of the original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers> > For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org> > To Post a message: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>