[IRCA] Grayland DX 3-29 & 3-30

I'm back from two days of DXing with Chuck and Nick at Grayland. We had two beverages, one at about 310 degrees and another at about 250 degrees.

Conditions both mornings were decent for this time of year - not spectacular but well worth the trip out there. There were lots of Asiatic signals and a few from down under, though signal levels were a bit on the low side and at times erratic. Japanese stations dominated both mornings - we probably heard at least 40 of them. Chinese stations were much weaker than normal - the powerhouses like 963 981 945 1377 1323 etc sounded downright anemic. Koreans were OK but not spectacular this morning, and well below average yesterday morning. Yesterday morning's opening was mostly on the low end of the dial, with very few stations heard above 1200. This morning was a bit different - I thought the low end was below normal, mid band was genrally good, high band was good at times but a bit unstable. That was my impression.

Some of the highlights for me: three Filippinos on Saturday (594 1206 and 1062, possibly 2 of them on the latter freq), some lower powered NHKs (792 945 1512 1035), Radio Yunost-1377 w/Technopop taking normally dominant CNR to the cleaners, Taiwan Fisheries station on 1593 //738, a mix of stuff on 648 at 1400 Saturday (NHK & China pips mixing at ToH, then VOA in Korean a minute later), Micronesia-1503 good at times this morning with island music, pairs of Aussies on 531 & 891. Maybe more, depending on what I find in my audio and SDR files.

Chuck and Nick may have more to add from their perspectives. We'll have a composite log out in a couple of weeks or so.

Bruce