Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:13:20 -0400
From: "David Faulkner" <dfdf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] WXXY-1600 Dover DE, format tweak
	<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

John and Group:

	I hate to be nit-picky, but it seems to be a hazard encountered
by
those who have graded college papers, if only for three years.  What is
wrong with this sentence fragment: "WXXY and it is other incarnations on
1600...?"  The apostrophe gets altogether too much use these days.  I
used
to write on the blackboard, "Due to the fact that = because," and "In
spite
of the fact that = although."  That was about as far as I went with the
students.  The renowned baseball historian, Dr. Charles Alexander, used
give us all copies of "Alexander's 27 rules for better writing" every
time
an opportunity presented itself.

73's
David