Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Receivers

Gil, please post back here whatever you find out about
the K3.  I've tried contacting Elecraft about going
below 500 kHz, but have never received an answer.
Thanks!

Bob Coomler W6RJC
Cloverdale,CA

--- Gil Stacy <gilstacy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'll float a question on the Elecraft list.  I've
built the K2 and kx1, but
so far have decided to pass on the K3.  It has
limited coverage on the
bottom--500kHz-if memory serves correctly--so it
lacks the versatility of a
general coverage rx or the Icom 756 Pro III
transceiver.  However, the folks
at Elecraft will do what it takes to make a great
product.  They are the
gold standard of American Manufacturing, great
customer service and are
responsive to customer input.
73 Gil
are those of the original contributors and do not
necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its
editors, publishing staff, or officers