[IRCA] New Japanese QSL

One of my favorite catches last year was hearing both of the local IDs simultaneously at 2319 JST last November from the two NHK 2 stations on 1152: JORB, Kochi on Shikoku Island and JOPC in Kushiro in NE Hokkaido. Happily, the automated local IDs for the two stations had one female announcer and one male, so I was able to separate the two IDs fairly well. I heard this ID sequence both at my place on Orcas Island and on the DXpedition to the Queen Charlottes last Fall and these two stations were my "most wanted" QSLs of the season. I'd not heard from either station, until today, and was finally getting close to sending follow-ups.

Todays mail brought a thick envelope from JORB Kochi. Inside were a partial data QSL card, a long letter from the CE of NHK Kochi and three pages of color pictures of the antennas, transmitters and studios of NHK Kochi. Man, that was really worth waiting for. The CE, Mr. Ryo Sasaoka, even pointed out which antenna carried "my" signal.

Very pleased, to say the least!

John B.

Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, NRD-535(kiwa-mods)
Antennas: 700' NE/SW mini-Bev, Wellbrook Phased Array (pre-production version)