Re: [IRCA] TP's for 03-10-08; JOAK-594 With Huge Signal

Re: [IRCA] TP's for 03-10-08; JOAK-594 With Huge Signal

Hello All,

     Apparently the propagation shifted  radically upward around 1410 UTC,
because both Guy Atkins and I discovered  an amazing signal from JOAK-594, the
strongest I have heard it since  October.  It gave Guy his first Ultralight TP
(on his stock DT-200VX), and  gave me a great audio recording on the juiced-up
SRF-39FP (the  "Super Prison Radio 2," with a 6.25" antenna transplant).  The
 recording sounds almost like a local, and I'll be preparing it for upload.
     While distracted by JOAK's mega-signal, I did  check 1566 and 1575,
which both had very strong hets here despite the oppressive  locals on 1560 and
1580.  These TP's very rarely make it through the local  QRM (KZIZ-1560 and
Puyallup-TIS-1580), but this morning around 1420 they almost  came into audio
range.
     Quite a turnaround from the mediocre conditions  recently!

                           73,  Gary