[IRCA] Interference issue

I've managed to fix this, but here's a QRM issue I am still puzzled by.

came up to Burnt River ON DX site last night, really for more of a holiday with my GF than a Dxpedition, but you can't keep me away from the dials and I want to test the ULRs some more.

Anyhow, had a horrible buzzing right up the AM band, worst down at 530, in some cases not that apprent at the top, or less so as climbed frequencies.

I shut every single light with a dimmer I could find in the house, in fact I shut off all lights, unplugged the TV and VCR, turned the furnace down for awhile, and checked every outlet for anything unsual plugged in (other family members were here last weekend).

No go. Solid loud noise. UNDXable for the most part. This morning I turned the actual house breaker off, and noise finally went away. Turned the breaker back on and the noise returned. Switched each individual switch off, one at a time, but the noise didn't go away. I switched the big breaker off again, and back on, and the noise on my radio (used the Prison radio ULR for this) disappeared and then returned. More P...'d off than using any logic, I turned the breaker off-on-off-on a few times, and the noise did not return. It's still quiet, but oretty well everything that was working electrically seems to be normal (I haven't tested each and every light or outlet, just obvious things like the septic system, furnace, hot water heater, kitchen appliances.

Any thoughts?

Saul