From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Scott Fybush
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:05 AM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America;
ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; NRC List
Subject: [IRCA] KOPT-1600 goes public

According to my 100000watts.com change report tonight, KOPT 1600 in
Eugene has flipped from progressive talk to public radio, with Oregon
Public Broadcasting buying the station from Churchill.

This extends OPB's reach to the south - it's currently heard in
Portland, Corvallis (KOAC 550) and most of eastern Oregon, but public
radio in southwestern Oregon comes from Eugene's KLCC 89.7 and KWAX
91.1, and from the Jefferson Public Radio chain based in Medford that
includes KRVM 1280 in Eugene...which means Eugene will now be the only
city (that I know of, anyway) with two public radio stations on the AM dial!