Re: [IRCA] KOPT-1600 goes public

Scott,

I tune by KOPT often and I missed this one. Thanks. Both stations in the
Valley now have dropped Progressive Talk (Albany 990 and now Eugene
1600). A shame. KPOJ-620-Portland still is. One of the first AA
stations.  KOAC gets into Eugene "Very" well with their low frequency
and 5 KW. They cover with near local signal Portland & Eugene. Why OPB
needs 1600 in beyond me. I hope they don't go IBOC. So far no OPB AMers
are IBOC, but the Jefferson Public stations on AM are mostly IBOC (at
least 1490-Yreka, 1230-Talent, 950-Roseburg). So far 1280 Eugene isn't.
Now Eugene will have two NPR type stations on AM. At one time 1600
Eugene was a top rated Top 40 Rocker as "KASH". How times have changed.
But so was 950 Roseburg (KYES).

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin