Re: [IRCA] KOHI to 1700??

 After all KAST
> has been on 1370 since
> the 30s and they are the number one AM rated station
> in the county and has been forever.

And day coverage would be very similar. Night coverage
would be a crap shoot, better in areas the DA did not
cover and well similar in the DA lobe but maybe NOT.

Plus the plan was
> to keep both frequencies (somehow) and continue to
> run News & Talk on
> 1370 and Sports on 1700. Mike, do you think the FCC
> will reopen X Band
> apps and give stations a second shot?

The rule WAS to give up the X band allocation after 5
years or the original allocation. A few have not done
that, a lot have.

Being in radio for around 40 years and have had the
highest FCC commercial license [once useful for
broadcast radio ] since the late 70's ( and that now
means NOTHING...just paper that can burn  up  in  a
fire ... I know..) .....welll ah as I said earlier
before I read the earlier stuff and wasn't even in my
mind when Pat posted ..... I would exect the FCC is
not going to re open the X band in the near future or
even distant future. And the FCC is worrying about
more important thing.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net