Re: [IRCA] Congratulations and a heartfelt thanks

Re: [IRCA] Congratulations and a heartfelt thanks

Hello Allen,

     Thank you for your very kind words, but at least  from my viewpoint, I
should be thanking YOU (and Robert Ross, of course) for  showing everybody in
North America, and the world, what kind of DX these  Ultralight radios are
capable of receiving.

     Just at the time when the Shootout articles,  alignments, administration
and other duties kept me from doing much  Ultralight DXing myself---   you,
Rob and many others stepped up  to the challenge and absolutely thrilled all of
us (not only Ultralight DXers,  but others in the AM-DX community) with your
fantastic loggings.

     Yesterday at the enjoyable meeting of AM-DXers at  Bruce Portzer's fine
home in Seattle, Washington, I was discussing with Nick  Hall-Patch how the
Canadians have really done the major share of Ultralight  DXing until now, and
how much we depend on Colin Newell's outstanding dxer.ca  web site.  Ultralight
DXing would really be "ultra-light" without the  Canadian contribution, and I
am proud and happy to wear the "Team  Canada" cap and T-shirt from Rob Ross,
who has generously proclaimed me the  leader of the "Canadian Lazyboy DX
Team," hi.  Thanks again for all  your fantastic DX contributions, Allen.

                      73,  Gary DeBock

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)