[IRCA] New Ultralight Radio?

I recently picked up a new pocket-sized AM/FM radio, the Sharp DRW-V2
(also called the "Digital DJ"), which is roughly the same size as the
Sangean DT-200VX; I have a short write-up and photograph here:

http://dx-nexus.blogspot.com/2008/02/sharp-digital-dj-drw-v2-ultralight.html

The radio is unique in that, in addition to being an AM/FM receiver,
it was also designed to function as a data terminal to download stock
quotes, news and traffic information broadcast on FM station
subcarriers. The large LCD display shows a calendar, alarms, and
several setup screens when active. The service never took off so these
radios are showing up on eBay and other closeout websites in the $20
range. They are well made and smaller than they appear in the picture
(think SRF-59 size).

While the data capabilities are non-functional without the service,
the calendar and timers still work. I did a quick comparison on AM
over the weekend between the Sharp and the DT-200VX and the SRF-59,
both barefoot and with a RadioShack passive tuned loop. In all of my
tests the radio performed nearly the same as the Sony and as well as
the Sangean. It has a speaker which, like the Sangean, may be disabled
for headphone-only use.

I humbly submit this new pocket radio for consideration as another
member of the Ultralight class of radios. I plan to take it with me on
travel and do some side x side comparisons with the others.

Brett Saylor
Central PA