From: "Karl J. Zuk"

Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 1st PIRATE Station on SONYULTRALITE..1710LUBAVITCHER
RADIO Brooklyn, NY

They don't have enough punch to be a full kilowatt. Take a drive around
Brooklyn and Queens. You'll see what I mean. They get out just a little bit
better than your basic TIS station. Their biggest advantage is skywave. If
they are 1 KW, they are wasting a lot of power in their antenna system.
Their biggest challenge is creating a ground plane on the roof of a house in
East New York Brooklyn. This is not great terrain for AM broadcast. Case in
point: WQXR-AM's lossy site using 1560 AM in Maspeth, Queens. This station
could go on for decades. No one will formally report them. They don't
interfere. Still, Pat Martin will eventually log them. There isn't a medium
wave station on earth that can hide from Pat's amazing antenna farm and
DXing skill! Karl Zuk N2KZ