Re: [IRCA] 1st PIRATE Station on SONYULTRALITE..1710 LUBAVITCHER RADIO Brooklyn, NY

Re: [IRCA] 1st PIRATE Station on SONYULTRALITE..1710 LUBAVITCHER RADIO Brooklyn, NY

> Thx. 100 watts. No wonder all I have gotten is a carrier at this
> distance. What amazes me if the FCC allows these NE pirates to
continue
> to operate.

It's been discussed here, I believe more than once,
and by those more knowledgeable than I.

Unfortunately the collective memory of mail lists
remains surprisingly short.

The FCC doesn't carry "muscle" with them when they
move to shut down one of these operations. In Fla.
there is a  *state*  law against pirate activity, and the
FCC FO gets the FDLE to ride along and do the
takedown, and they seem to be happy to help.

In New York the Lubavitchers have a great deal of
influence, and the local police agencies are reluctant to
get involved and look bad. It's probably a jurisdictional
issue as well.

Someone has to make a complaint and the use of 1710
seems to assure that no legitimate broadcaster will
be around to complain. I would not be surprised to learn
*IF*  it happened that they were quietly told to park
themselves up there, and they would then be left alone.

You would think more pirate operators would pick up
upon this. Not to mention it is a "clear channel" in the
true sense of the word.

But it remains IMHO that few, if any, pirate operators are
MENSA members.

I know this has been talked about before now.

- Bob