[IRCA] SRF-59 Phasers set for FUN!

I took Gary De Bocks somewhat cryptic and mysterious
layout and theory of an effective audio phasing harness
and whipped one up quickly for use in my twin SRF-59
array.

For those who received Gary's word document probably
would have been shocked by the seemingly unintelligible
use of technical jargon and discouraged by the endless
references to complex electrical terms like;

Red wire. Black wire. Ground. Braid. Common.

Having graduated from not ONE but TWO college
degree programs in Electronics AND having completed a 4 year
apprenticeship in Electronics (in a Naval facility not
unlike Gary's) I was able to see through Gary's feeble
attempts to alienate and exclude otherwise enthusiastic
DXers in their attempts to make sense of this wonderful
opportunity.

Shame!

Anyway - within about 15 minutes of spinning together
various wires and ground braids and soldering various
wires to a 1/8" stereo FEMALE jack (modified to handle
a mono signal) - I had a very impressive (and visually
vastly superior) Phaser cable harness just itching to
cross-phase two SRF-59 audio signals.

Within moments of hooking up this cable assembly to my
two SRF-59's I was astounded by my ability to "Knock-out"
offending audio and hear what I wanted to hear.

I is very bizarre "tuning out" a signal with the volume control.

No thanks to Gary who tried in vain to turn this into a black-art. Shame I say! Boo!

I will have hours and hours of phaser fun ahead of me...
and I might even consider making up a dozen or so of these harnesses...
for those... still discouraged and traumatized by Gary's shameless attempts
to shut out major segments of the listening population. Shame! Boo!

--End of Satire component.

Gary rocks. No question!  ;-)

--
Colin Newell - Editor/Creator coffeecrew.com | dxer.ca
Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing