Re: [IRCA] Ultralight web site?

Quoting "W. Curt Deegan" <WWWR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Is there a web site, or one being built, to consolidate all this
> information or at least provide links to the various locations where
> the info exists?   Something on the IRCA web site perhaps?
>
> This would be invaluable to a person who wishes to learn about all
> the different radios being discussed.  A one-stop-shop for those
> wishing to make informed decisions for possible purchases, as well as
> providing awards details and accomplishments of those pursuing that
> interest.

Do you get DX Monitor, Curt?  Gary DeBock has already published a couple of
articles concerning Ultralight radios in the Technical Column there, and those
articles originally appeared on the dxer.ca website.  Further articles will be
forthcoming as time allows, and these are planned to be a lot more definitive
than some of the speculative exchanges on the list.

Through your question, you've illustrated the difference between a mailing list
and a club bulletin, soft or otherwise.   The list can be exciting, up to the
minute, and tremendously informative, as long as you save the mails and the web
links.  (we won't go into what other qualities the list can have when it's not
being exciting)   When the dust clears from exchanges on a mailing list, someone
 may organize what has been found out for certain into a form that can be
referred to easily, and will be available in the future.   In this case, IRCA
(the club; those on the list who aren't members might think about joining, those
memberships help pay for the list...end of commercial) will be doing that, but
it's an ongoing process.  Of course, excellent articles have been appearing for
years now outside of the radio clubs, on the web, and will continue to do so,
but they disappear also...remember Werner Funkenhauser's informative site?

In the meantime, anybody with web space can grab the information from the links
that people have referenced on this or other lists and post them on their own
sites (if there aren't copyright issues).  Some will be useful, some will not;
the signal to noise ratio will depend on who does the posting.  Has anyone
stepped up yet?

best wishes,

Nick