[IRCA] SRF-59 Sensitivity Issues

Hello All,

     After receiving various reports of differing  sensitivity levels on new
SRF-59 units, I decided to "bite the bullet" and open  up 4 new SRF-59
packages that had been designated for the TA-DX promotional  program.  Of the 4
units, 1 clearly had sensitivity that I thought was  unacceptable. 3 of the units
had good sensitivity (enough for general DXing),  but were not as sensitive as
my "King of the Hill" unit, which was aligned using  the now superceded
procedure posted to the IRCA list on December 24th. This  "KOH" unit was used as a
standard for SRF-59 sensitivity in the  equally sensitive unit I have sent to
Kevin Schanilec, and the one I will send  to Bruce Bacon shortly.  Frankly, the
difference between the "KOH" level  and the average new SRF-59 sensitivity
level is quite significant, but probably  not enough to result in a missed
logging.

     Now that we have a full service manual, the  potential for fully peaking
every SRF-59 unit has arrived.  The unit will  never be easy to disassemble
or reassemble, but since this manual has a  greatly expanded alignment process,
I plan to run a full alignment on the  marginal new units soon, and compare
their sensitivity with the "KOH"  unit.  For those who are waiting for an
SRF-59 from me, please  excuse the delay as your unit is fully peaked for optimum
DX power.

     For those of you who have an SRF-59 that you think  is defective, please
contact me and explain the problem, for possible resolution  as time permits.

       73 and Best Wishes,

      Gary  DeBock

      Junior  Member of SRF-59 Tech Trio