Re: [IRCA] Firsts and Records Clarification...SRF-59 RVC-530

Re: [IRCA] Firsts and Records Clarification...SRF-59 RVC-530

John and Others,

     At the risk of throwing cold water on Kevin's  great accomplishment of
receiving RVC-530 on his SRF-59 recently, I would  like the SRF-59 fanatics to
check out the home page of  dxer.ca, in which Colin Newell himself refers to a
December reception of RVC-530  within a minute of turning on his barefoot
SRF-59!  Perhaps we need to  track down this ultra-cool Canadian personally, and
reward him for his fantastic  DX accomplishemnt.  Oh, and by the way, while
you are there, why not vote  in Colin's little poll about whether or not you
have heard about the  "Ultralight Revolution?"  How's that for "packing the
ballot  box?" (sorry, Colin, about directing the "Runaway Train" your  way!)

     And yes, John, as the bewildered engineer of the  runaway "Ultralight"
DX train, I do believe that Colin's reception of RVC-530  qualifies as a North
American transcontinental DX record.

               73,  Gary DeBock