[IRCA] SRF-59: A List of "Firsts"

Because of my research and writing about Trans-Oceanics and the
history of Zenith Radio Corporation, I'm particularly sensitive to
the concept of "Firsts."  It was a big deal in the 20s and 30s: First
AC set, First Portable Radio, First Trans-Continental Reception, etc.
I think that we need the same sort of thing with UltraLights.... and
things are happening so fast that I'm afraid that we will lose some
of our history in the rush.  I volunteer to keep and manage a
"Firsts" list for a bit until we get further organized...then someone
else can take over, or we can abandon the whole thing. I'd suggest
that we not keep separate lists for Canadians and US... just lump us
all together.

Since we don't yet have a definition of just what an UltraLight is
yet.... and since the '59 only costs about $15 USD, I suggest
limiting the list to catches with an SRF-59 ONLY and having two
categories, just like the contest suggestion: Barefoot and Super
Modified. and I'd suggest that people just send in what they feel are
firsts, along with logging details and your location and full name

Here is a way to get started:

First TP from North America: Gary DeBock, Seattle
First TA from North America:
First TA from the West Coast:
First TP from the East Coast:

First Asian: Gary DeBock, Seattle
First South American:
First European:
First African:
First DownUnder:

First Station in Japan: Gary DeBock, Seattle
First Station in China
First Station in South Korea
First Station in Britain
First Station in France
First Station in Saudi Arabia
Etc. Etc.

First Trans-Continental NAm (West to East)
First Trans-Continental NAm (East to West)

There might be some other categories of Firsts that are important
enough to record. If folks will post their potential "First" loggings
on the IRCA list, I'll keep a list and publish it weekly at first and
monthly or on-line, later. Be Sure and state whether it is the
Barefoot or Super Modified category that you are shooting for....

I can't search a list of back messages, so if you have already,
possibly, established a first, please note that again on the
list!  History in the making!

John B.
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, NRD-535(kiwa-mods)
Antennas: 700' NE/SW mini-Bev, Wellbrook Phased Array (pre-production version)