[IRCA] SRF-59 Contest

Man oh MAN, I love Gil Stacy's contest ideas.... Especially the 4
hour period that he described and limiting it to two categories:
SRF-59 barefoot and SRF-59 Super Modified.  This won't be the last
contest, merely the first.  Why not start small and simple and learn
from that??? Other contests could include other radios and different
formats as we learn. What's wrong with running one two weeks from
last weekend???  And since Gil is quite familiar with these things,
having done the crystal set competition several times, how 'bout
appointing him to run it?  Having some background in graphic design,
I'll make the certificates for participation and the top three
placers in each category, if that seems OK.

Ordering three SRF-59s today.... I was waiting to see if the digital
model from Tokyo might be my first UltraLight.

John B.
Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, NRD-535(kiwa-mods)
Antennas: 700' NE/SW mini-Bev, Wellbrook Phased Array (pre-production version)