Re: [IRCA] Sony SRF-59 - are we serious?

Re: [IRCA] Sony SRF-59 - are we serious?

>>> Obviously I missed something here because I did not know Canada had
>>> embraced IBOC. I presume it has been approved for FM but not for AM.
>>> Right?<<<

You missed nothing. Contrary to what us crazy canucks have reported in jest,
nary an IBOC radio has sold in Canada. Bet the sales clerks at Future Shop
wouldn't even know what a radio is, analog or otherwise.

IBOC was apporved experimentally for FM. The CBC tested on some freqs in
Ontario last summer, but that seems to have ended, with no further signs of
testing.

>>> It is also of interest that you are paying twice as much for an  SRF-59
>>> as we are here in the States.>>>

Isn't it! I noticed that, too. But this was hardly a big ticket item. I
wanted immediate gratification, and that came with a $15 Immediate
Gratification Tax. With our dollars at par, many retailers have managed to
avoid reducing prices, leaving many Canadians crossing the border to buy
everything from food to cars.

I would too, for a big ticket item. Wouldn't make a decicated trip, as my
time is worth more than any savings, but when I do travel I often shop for
things that I need when they're cheaper.

S.