[IRCA] Ultralight Radio Awards Program... We Need Your Input!

[IRCA] Ultralight Radio Awards Program... We Need Your Input!

Hello All,

     The thrilling idea of special awards  for pocket-radio DX
accomplishments is going to be a reality in 2008!   In order to be the most enjoyable for
all IRCA members, however, we need YOUR  input to answer the following questions:

1) How should we define an Ultralight radio?  (size, weight, cost,  etc)

2) Which DX accomplishments would you like to see rewarded?  (Number  of
states heard, number of TA or
     TP contacts, number of countries heard, etc)

3) What kind of rewards should we offer?  (paper certificates or  actual
Ultralight radios)

4)  Should we have monthly awards as well as annual awards?

     Recently, after receiving some Japanese stations  on a Sony SRF-M37V
pocket radio, a DXer here in Washington said "A QSL card from  Japan (for a
pocket radio contact) would really mean something!"  He is  right... DX
accomplishments with Ultralight radios are especially exciting, and  the rewards should
be especially valued, as prize accomplishments.   With your help, we will make
this a reality in 2008!

      73 and Good DX to All,

     Gary  DeBock