Re: [IRCA] REVISED SONY SRF-59 SCHEMATIC NOW ONLINE

Re: [IRCA] REVISED SONY SRF-59 SCHEMATIC NOW ONLINE

Paul,

     Thank you very much for posting this... Steve's  hard work helps all of
us have a starting point in SRF-59 maintenance, and  repair.  Steve and Nick
(with very minor help from me) are doing a great  job investigating the
technical secrets of this tiny, fascinating radio, which  has captured the
imagination of most of the club.

     Steve and I are also trying to develop repair  doctrines for common
problems, and I think the alignments will become more  routine as we practice
them.  Steve was comfortable from the beginning  doing the alignments, and despite
the intense warnings in the alignment  procedure I posted on the list, we two
ex-Navy sonar repair techs are both  becoming quite comfortable with them.

     Paul, thanks again for your help. Have fun with  your SRF-59 (one of the
best investments I ever made, by the way).

       73,  Gary