Re: [IRCA] Wince-worthy IBOC praise article

Patrick Martin wrote:
> Scott,
>
> I do not want to attack any person, but if the article is flawed, then
> we have a right to attack that. I do not know the person, but anyone who
> finds IBOC flaw free, there is something wrong with the picture. As we
> all know IBOC has plenty of flaws.
> I do not want any personal attacks on the list and that is one important
> rule here, but we do have the right to disagree with nonsense printed
> about any radio related subject incluing IBOC.

No argument there - as long as the disagreement remains focused on the
IDEAS, not on the individual proposing them.

It's remarkable (and somewhat disappointing) to me how quickly the
response to this truly irrelevant and outdated article turned into
snipes aimed directly at the individual who wrote it, including utterly
unsupported allegations that he was being paid under the table by
Ibiquity and that he was writing under a pen name as some sort of front.
  There's no call for that.

You're quite correct, Patrick, when you say "we all know IBOC has plenty
of flaws." We do indeed all know that, and the lack of momentum in the
industry for the AM IBOC system is very rapidly proving us all accurate.
Piling on to a commentary that was pretty generally ignored by the
industry a year and a half ago doesn't make us look any more accurate -
just a bit silly and desperate, when there's no need for silliness or
desperation.