[IRCA] Sony SRF-T615 Ultraadvanced Ultralight-- First Impressions

[IRCA] Sony SRF-T615 Ultraadvanced Ultralight-- First Impressions

Hello All,

     My latest new toy, the $89 Made-in-Japan  cigarette-lighter sized
SRF-T615 AM-FM stereo radio arrived today from the  Japanese-market export specialty
company, Audio Cubes in Osaka, Japan.  Arriving by Express Mail after about
10 days, it appears that this Sony flagship  model may live up to the
advertising hype.

     Arriving already programmed with 9 kHz AM steps  sure to warm a TP
DXer's heart, I can't wait to hear this super-sophisticated  Sony connect with the
land of its birth!  The radio appears to have great  sensitivity and
selectivity, although it is now well past dark on the west  coast, and daytime
"shootouts" will have to wait until tomorrow.  It may be  difficult to sleep soundly
tonight...

     The FM sensitivity and selectivity are unsurpassed  by any Ultralight
portable I have tested so far, and Sony very generously  included the entire
North American FM band (total coverage 76-108 mHz),  something unusual for a
Japanese market model.  Both English and Japanese  full instructions are included,
and even a small vinyl carrying case comes in  the package.  If AM reception
is anything like the FM performance, this  radio may be very intimidating in
the 2008 Shootout!

               73,  Gary