Re: [IRCA] SRF-59 on 1260

Hi John:

The Olympus WS-300M series is a good little recorder, although it would
run a lot more than the SRF-59 (then again, so does a meal for two at
Denny's...).  It's super tiny and can run off of the receiver's earphone
jack nicely, and you can plug your headphones into the recorder in order
to monitor the audio!  I use it as my main recorder and am very happy with
it, and it gets about 15-20 hours on a single AAA battery.  Bruce Bacon
just bought one as well and likes it.  It will record a hundred hours or
more, and then can plug directly into your computer to download the audio
files - I generally transfer mine every other session or so.  It records
in WMA format - the highest quality setting is unnecessary, since the
lower fidelity speeds sound great for DXing purposes.

Kevin S.
Bainbridge Island, WA