Re: [IRCA] More digital noise?

Radio with pictures...
Isn't that Television?

"Essentially radio is quite boring," said Iain Meadows, presenter at Original 106 FM...
from the original article.

Personally (Colin talking now), I think we are raising a generation
of dunces that have no better idea of where Iraq or Iran is on a map
of the Earth and whose attention span is shorter than the fuse on
a cluster bomblet.

Late 20-something colleagues of mine complain that the latest
generation of "kids" entering the workplace are almost
impossible to motivate or keep focused on the tasks at hand,
"drawn to the computer screen to check their hotmail or
locked into their iPods and scrolling their playlists..."

As a radio junkie, I am constantly polling students and
faculty members at the University I work at...

"Radio?" one student responds..."I have an Uncle who listens
to the radio... not sure why..."
"I think my parents have a radio... not sure."

The overall theme is: With their iPods and all
the "free" downloads they have pulled from the
net with LimeWire and other file sharing programs...
they do not need radio... or news of the day for that matter.

"News comes from the internet, right?" one student muses.

It seems that kids these days are getting "events of the
day" on the left and right columns of Yahoo and Hotmail account pages.

--
Colin Newell - Editor/Creator coffeecrew.com | dxer.ca
Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing