[IRCA] Ultralights and the Quantum Loop

Hi all:

Here's another strategy: I found that placing (secured with a rubber band)
my SRF-59 on top (dead-center) of my Quantum Loop head not only provides a
handy 3-D tilting mechanism, but also the Quantum Loop couples with the
SRF-59's internal loop to provide a lot of gain, even with the power off.
Turning the Quantum Loop on, one can use the Q-Multiplier to really narrow
the bandwidth, since the Quantum Loop appears to pretty much overwhelm the
SRF-59's internal ferrite loop and dictate the IF bandwidth.  Alternately,
detuning the Quantum Loop away from the desired frequency simply reverts
the Quantum Loop to a 360 degree tilting apparatus, since there is no
coupling.  I would imagine this would work with a Palomar or other loop as
well.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA