Re: [IRCA] All Hail the SRF-59!

Kevin, Gil, Dennis and other SRF-59 /Mighty Mite Fans,

     Wow, that's what I like about this club... people  just keep on giving
me good excuses to buy new radios!  The DT200VX does  indeed have good
sensitivity and selectivity (although its selectivity does not  compare with the
SRF-59's), but desperately needs a 9 kHz split capability to  interest TP/TA DXers.
 Transoceanic DXers are unlikely to purchase a radio  stuck on the 10's, no
matter how good it is.  If the DT180V and DT220V can  tune the splits AND keep
the same sensitivity and selectivity as the DT200VX,  they would be formidable
contenders indeed.  But whether they can actually  do this (and compare with
the new C.Crane SWP model) is an open question.

     The contestants of the current "Shootout" (SRF-59,  SRF-M37V, DT200VX
and ICF-S10Mk2) are pretty well fixed, and the review will  give full
information on their respective capabilities, both individually and in  relation to each
other.  But if there is sufficient interest and club  support, once the
C.Crane SWP, DT180V and DT220V arrive here (yes, I'm only too  happy to order them
all), there may be another 2008 Version of the Pocket Radio  AM-DX Shootout,
to select the ultimate, undisputed Pocket DX  Champion (that is, until more new
models come out).

                    73 and Best Wishes,

                    Gary