Re: [IRCA] subject line editing

Russ Edmunds wrote:
> --- Michael Hawkins <downsized99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I get much less spam on Hotmail.  Gmail is my preferred one.

<Snipped>

> I also use gmail which does get less spam thasn Yahoo - about 50% less.
> But I've never gotten used to the whole gmail setup - I find it harder
> to use, which may simply be having used other things way too long ;-}

Gmail offers free IMAP mail access now. I don't know how many know about
IMAP, it's usable from any email client, and unlike POP3, the mail stays
on the IMAP server, as do any user created folders. (You can download
local copies too, if you want.)

The net effect is that you have your mail available on any machine and
can mix them up, always seeing everything from everywhere, and using
real email clients. You use your preferred email client(s), whatever it is.

Gmail does have web based access to for those times it's needed.

IMAP might be worth a look for someone with multiple PC needs.

Rick Kunath