Re: [IRCA] NY Times - House Cmte Chmn orders FCC Inquiry

Re: [IRCA] NY Times - House Cmte Chmn orders FCC Inquiry

Do not send emails.... They will not count.(and they probably wont get read)... You need to send a letter. Send it to their Washington office AS WELL as a copy to their main district office.

SEND seperate letters to each member of the committee

I speak from experience...actually my wife worked 18 years for Cliff Stearns  R-FL

regards to the group and good luck......

lee freshwater

kh2ar@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote: Well said Bob - I think I'll send Rep. Stupak an e-mail today and suggest that he indeed put these two poorly conceived and executed ideas under the microscope of common sense.

Way to go.

Jim Pogue
Memphis, TN

From: "Bob Foxworth"

> Today's NY Times, in an AP wire story, says that John
> Dingell-D-MI who heads the House Energy and
> Commerce Committee, says that the FCC has suffered
> an "apparent breakdown in an open and transparent
> regulatory process". He is "losing confidence that
> the commission has been conducting its affairs in
> an appropriate manner", and has ordered an inquiry.
>
> The investigation will be conducted by Rep. Bart Stupak,
> D-MI, who has received "several complaints about the
> way that (Kevin) Martin has conducted business" that
> include claims of an "abuse of power and an attempt
> to keep fellow commissioners in the dark". The terms
> "selectively withholding data" and "short-circuiting
> procedural norms" also appear in the AP story's
> allegations, among others.
>
> End excerpts from the AP story. The following are from
> me.
>
> Perhaps someone will advise Rep. Stupak of the
> academic interest of examining the ways in which
> the Commission came to its decisions on the BPL
> issue, and the IBOC issue, both of which seem to me
> to have striking similarities, among which are
> deliberately ignoring technical information that
> would suggest not adopting the positions that were
> subsequently taken.
>
> Should be interesting.
>
> - Bob

Lee J Freshwater