[IRCA] subject line editing

--- "Paul B. Walker, Jr."
<walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Powell wasnt referring to people using the subject
> line as filters.
>
> Powell is subscribed to several lists, ABDX,
> AMStereo,  BC, etc and if
> someone who is subscribed to all 3 lists  doesnt
> have/can't have filters set
> up and then replies anbd cross posts, the ABDX label
> will show up in
> someones IRCA filter and throw things all outta
> wack.

Actually it generally shows up in the first [XXXX] 's
folder. Barry suggested using headers. That doesn't
work as sometimes lists SHOW it as coming from the
individual when it isn't and other instabilities. I
have 50 rules for 50 folders. If there were no rules
written the mess would be awful. I know, as Yahoo
erased my rules not once but twice, and they had no
way to do a restore for me. I told them I was LESS
than pleased as this is the paid account, not the free
one, and it gives me way more rules I can come up
with. Rules (or whatever your mailer calls them) is a
very effective way to keep clutter out of your inbox.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net