[IRCA] Harris 590A (sort of) and Collins HF-2050 FS

[IRCA] Harris 590A (sort of) and Collins HF-2050 FS

Fellas, my wife and I are going to be down in Port Angeles, WA Friday night, then onto Newport, OR and Cannon Beach, OR between Sat and Wed. morning.  I've decided to sell my Harris RF-590 (sort of an A) and Rockwell Collins HF-2050.
I'd prefer to have direct pick-up to avoid the hassles of mailing, but will do so in a pinch.  What I have is as follows:

Harris RF-590.....this apparently is not a "pure" A type, but an ex- Canadian Navy model which differs from the A model by not quite having the computer control ability that the pure A model has.  It has the same
crystal filters, though, as the A model.  That is guaranteed, as I've opened things up and looked at them.  AM BW:  16, 6.8, 3.2 kHz, USB:  2.8 kHz, LSB:  2.8 kHz, also has ISB (2.8 kHz), FM (16 kHz), and CW (1.0 and 0.3 kHz).  It's in near perfect cosmetic condition.  I've had to de-Oxit the AF gain a couple of times otherwise the volume is too high (unless the RF is turned down).  This is a very hot performer.  Perfect display, down to the Hz.  I'm happy to sell my receivers for a good price, especially if picked up!

Rockwell-Collin HF-2050.....I have 3:

1/ Very uncommon late model with 100 memories and preselector board installed (this is very rarely seen).  Works perfectly and has been in continuous use in my shack for several years.  A few minor smudges on the front handles, but no dents, etc.  My best 2050.
2/  A fixer upper.  This one has a new front panel, and installed fans.  It powers up, but the RF gain pot/noise blanker is damaged and it doesn't work as well as I'd like to see.  I haven't had the time to monkey around with it, though.  It does power up without fault lights, when I last fired it up about a month ago.  The volume is not as high as it should be.  Gain seems to be OK, though.  Not vigorously worked up, though.
3/  2050 which was rack mounted with the power supply removed and placed on it's own 19" rack to circumvent the heating issue that the 2050 suffers from.  Worked 100% until the rack was sent downstairs.  The mod can
be easily reversed to the original state.  This one has a new front panel as well.

I have manuals for the 2050, if required, but these nearly impossible to get manuals would be a separate purchase.  These are the "famous" reproductions that I arranged a number of years ago, and still in great demand (but out of print for
years now).  In case you don't know, I've probably owned,used and loved the 2050 more than virtually any other DXer in the Americas.  It's still has the sweetest sounding audio of any receiver I've ever owned.  A wonderful SW
receiver.  As for LW and MW dxing, I'd say it's good, but not up to the caliber of the AOR 7030+.  It's every bit as good on MW as the Ten Tec 340.

Why am I downsizing.....I'm getting more and more into SDRs, and my room is getting smaller and smaller!

Please e-mail for prices, etc.  I'll have to move quickly as I come down to the States on Friday.  My apologies if I've bent some rules, but hopefully I haven't ruffled any feathers!  ........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC