[IRCA] WFAW 940 Test

The test was heard !!!   I listened right on time at midnight CST and heard nothing for the first hour, and fell asleep. I heard a lot of WMIX, Mt. Vernon, Il. that first hour . Anyway, I awoke at 0242 hearing sweep tones.....yippee!! I listened for the rest of the test, and heard sweep tones again at 0251 and also 0256.....!! Never heard any morse, but I was delighted to even hear the sweep tones. WMIX was the major pest here in northern South Carolina. WMAC in Macon was nulled and not a factor.  This test was of special interest to me as I visit the Delavan , Wi. area a couple of times a year, and enjoy listening to WFAW when I do.....They carry Neal Boortz, probably my favorite talker. My thanks to the folks at WFAW, especially Ernie Swanson, K9LO , and Jim Pogue and any others for making this test possible.  Test was heard on both the Grundig S350 and also on the mighty Sony Walkman.   73, Chris Johnson  K2FO  Taylors, S.C.