[IRCA] Another new Alaskan heard.

Hi Everyone:

It would seem the effort I put in to laying down a new antenna aimed at Anchorage is paying off as I heard another new Alaskan station here this morning. After yesterdays success on 850 I thought I would set my receiver/timer combo on 750 and try again.

The first 7 ID's I heard were from CKJH, not needed and always with someone underneath. The 07:00 ID was from KXL, again with someone underneath. The 08:00MST period gave me the folowing:

First came the weather forcast for Alaska. Then a male voice said " KFQD news time is 5:59. CBS radio news is coming up next on Anchorage's only source for all news all morning long, AM-750-KFQD." Then a second male voice says "Giving you more talk throughout the day we're AM 750 News Radio KFQD Anchorage." Then into news. Alone on the channel and perfectly clear.

In two days of trying I've increased my Alaskan total by 33% to 8. Only 29 more to hear!

Mike in St Isidore, AB with AOR 7030+, Quantum Phaser, EWE's of 110' & 125',  a 1000' E/W beverage and a 1000' BOG at 300 degrees, both unterminated.