[IRCA] TPs November 5.... Good, Not Great

[IRCA] TPs November 5.... Good, Not Great

Was up early again and things were really hopping at 1300 (dawn
1500UT). Both low and high band were active.... and as far as audio
was concerned, there were a few of the Big Gun Japanese who joined
the Chinese at being active early.  I was expecting a wonderful dawn
and didn't get it.  At dawn, the low band was (with a few exceptions)
just exactly where it had been at 1300..... at least it was no
worse.  However, there was no boost at dawn at all.... or maybe the
signals were fading away and the dawn boost just equalized things....
who knows? The upper band did come up further at dawn.... 1287, 1377,
1440, 1557 (!) and 1566/1575 were all at quite good levels. It was...
with the exception of 1557 stuff that is in "all of the time" but
today at a bit better levels.

The one interesting spot of the morning was 1080, which is dominated
here.... even with the Wellbrook... by KFXX in Portland (I
think).  I've noticed a "spur" sticking out to the side of that
signal during several dawns. This morning, it was doing well enough
to overcome the 1080 signal in USB and I'm pretty sure that it was
KCBS Haeju // to a distorted and off channel 819.

Well, it was a whole lot better than the recent mornings.  Can we
hope for even better??

John B.