Re: [IRCA] [Tvfmdx] This week in Buffalo tropo & a bashing for Christian translators

Re: [IRCA] [Tvfmdx] This week in Buffalo tropo & a bashing for Christian translators

There is just a whole lot of idiocy involved with this "translator
shell game" anyway that really needs to be addressed.  For example,
the aforementioned REACH-FM has what amounts to two translators that
serve Dover, Delaware (on 98.7 and 106.9).  Why on earth do you need
two translators to serve the whole town?  The 106.9 signal works just
fine.

That 98.7 signal?  If you look it up in the FCC database, you find it
licensed to Smyrna, DE.  But the transmitter is actually in Woodside,
Delaware, a full 20 miles away, on the southside of Dover.  You can
barely hear 98.7 in Smyrna.  That one really makes me roll my eyes.

I think a lot of these translator coverage areas do overlap anyway.  I
can hear no fewer than 4 REACH-FM signals here in Smyrna without even
trying hard.

Of course, the secular stations are just as guilty of this translator
farming, as seen in all the licenses I see locally for Temple
University in this area.  Their 90.1 main signal does just fine and
they really don't need half of the translators that they think they
do.

John Cereghin

--
http://www.pilgrimway.org/dx.html