[IRCA] Korean on 873

Bill Harms wrote:

John, I am curious about the Korean on 873. do you have a clip of it?
According to my Japanese DXer friends, North Korea is not on that
frequency. Neither is South Korea.  Is this a PRC station running Korean?

Bill,  I confess that I pretty much blow the Koreans off.... I have
difficulty recognizing the language unless I can hear it well and I
speak not a word (both my fault, of course) and most importantly to
me, neither KBS domestics nor the North Koreans seem to QSL.  I'm too
QSL oriented and obviously need to DX some with you to learn about
the finer points of DXing Korea.  I've pretty much been list logging
the Korean on 873. That has been quite prominent this season, but not
in the past.

However, Guy Atkins logging from our QCI DXpedition is pretty
definitive. To quote:

873   NORTH KOREA KCBS Sinuiju, Sep 22 1355 - Korean Orchestral
music, very strong and parallel to 2850. 3+1 Time Pips and ID exactly
as per PAL 'Choson Chungang Bangsong imnida' at 1400. (Atkins-QCI)

I wonder if KCBS have reactivated sometime this summer and the
Japanese are just operating on old information???  They do have NHK2
Kumamoto in Kyushu to contend with.

Look forward to meeting you one of these days, Bill.... We can regale
each other with stories of  Americans stumbling their way through East Asia :>)

John B.