[IRCA] TPs for Nov 1 + Propagation Comment

[IRCA] TPs for Nov 1 + Propagation Comment

TPs this morning were good, not great.... at 90 minutes before
sun-up, the Japanese were quite decent, but it is too late in the
season for them to get a boost at dawn.... they are already fading
down well before that starts. Note Dennis' comment from today:
"Listened from 1230-1405 ut.  Better than yesterday here.  Conditions
don't seem to be getting better as sunrise nears."  He hears mostly
JJs with one or two KKs on a regular basis at his inland location.

Here, today, the Chinese weren't that good until the dawn boost, then
some of them rose to excellent levels. There were many of the CC
regulars and quite a selection of as yet unidentified CC regional
broadcasters... including things on 810, 864, 873, 1053, 1269, 1305
and 1512. Unfortunately none of the unknowns ever increased beyond
the language recognition level. The catch of the morning, though, was
CNR1 on 1386..... WAY beneath a co-channel CC. The NHK synchros were
not a factor due to seasonal characteristics. This is the first time
that I've ever heard CNR1 on 1386. It must be either way far south or
way in the interior or both. Thankfully, CNR1 now plays quite a bit
of piano music in the background during news/talk shows and boosts it
up between segments. On 1386, all I could tell was the gender and
language, but that piano mx was a dead giveaway to parallel with 5030
and 1377, both of which were booming in. Best CC DX from 1445 until
1505 or so.... right at local sunrise here.

Gee, its just 10 more mornings until Linda and I reverse migrate to
Oklahoma for the winter and spring.... large tears!

John B.