[IRCA] SDR-IQ experience

I thought that I might share my experience with using my SDR-IQ captured files.  I'm quite delighted.  It was an easy thing to have it running in the background while I worked on a medical-legal report that I needed to complete tonight.  I used a file from
October 20, 2007 between 531 and 721 kHz for a segment between 14:10 and 14:28 or so.  I also referred to my own notes from that morning.  It was a not-bad morning, all around.  Nothing really special.  Well, I sure heard quite a lot of stations that I missed listening the "normal" way.  First of all, there were quite of few Alaskans that I normally never look for....630 KJNO, 620 KGTL, 580 KRSA (very strong too!) and possibly 560 KVOK Kodiak (with C & W music, no ID though) were all audible.  I caught Radio Rossii on 621 (which John also reported that morning, but missed by me earlier....a difficult catch for sure).  711 had some EZL music...totally missed my my usual scans.  Not sure who there.  558 was really interesting with 2 almost equal cochannel stations probably JJ and KK, and even a third weakly cochannel (maybe VV?).  A really useful tool, but extremely time consumming for sure!  All evening, and I only went through a single nearly 1 GB file.  Now, granted , this was just with the stuff in the background while I worked at other tasks, but still one can devote a lot of time to these files for sure!  I'm expecting that these will be fun to play with during the upcoming doldrum season.  At least, that's what I'm telling myself!  ..........Walt.