[IRCA] NEW MW QSL's

Today was a red letter day for me with two QSLs from Alaska.

680    KBRW     AK, Barrow, received a very friendly letter on nice
letterhead in 14d for CD report. I have been after this one for over 25
years. My most wanted Alaskan. Also enclosed two stickers. V/S: Robert
C. Sommer-VP and GM. Full detail QSL letter including location of
transmitter, 6 miles SE of the station, 10,000 watts. Mentioned their
listening audience is 70% Native American, mainly Inupiat Eskimo and
over 66% of the AM programming originates in their studios. Address:
KBRW, Silakkuagvik Communications, Inc, PO Bx 109, 1695 Okpik Street,
Barrow  AK  99723. AK QSL #59, MW QSL: #2969. Boy, this one made my day!
(PM-OR)

780     KNOM    AK, Nome, rec. a very nice QSL postcard of arial view of
Nome. Rec. in 13d for CD report. V/S: Ric Schmidt-GM. I had KNOM QSL'd
back from the early 80s with a QSL card of an Eskimo Girl, but I heard
they had a new card, so I sent a new report. KNOM is fairly regular for
me, especially with the new tx work they have done recently. Address:
KNOM PO Box 988, Nome AK   99762-0988

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager